Deputy medical examiners
(1) The district medical examiner shall appoint, subject to the approval of the district attorney and applicable civil service regulations, qualified deputy medical examiners, including the sheriff or a deputy sheriff and a member of the Oregon State Police for each county. Other peace officers may also be appointed as deputy medical examiners.
(2) The district medical examiner and the district attorney shall establish qualifications for deputy medical examiners.
(3) Each deputy medical examiner shall be individually appointed and the name of the deputy medical examiner shall be on file in the office of the district medical examiner.
(4) A deputy medical examiner shall investigate deaths subject to the control and direction of the district medical examiner or the district attorney.
(5) A deputy medical examiner may authorize the removal of the body of a deceased person from the apparent place of death.
(6) The deputy medical examiner may not authorize embalming, order a post-mortem examination or autopsy, or certify the cause and manner of death. [1973 c.408 §11]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information