Definitions for ORS 127.700 to 127.737
(1) "Attending physician" shall have the same meaning as provided in ORS 127.505 (Definitions for ORS 127.505 to 127.660).
(2) "Attorney-in-fact" means an adult validly appointed under ORS 127.540 (Limitations on authority of health care representative), 127.700 (Definitions for ORS 127.700 to 127.737) to 127.737 (Certain other laws applicable to declaration) and 426.385 (Rights of committed persons) to make mental health treatment decisions for a principal under a declaration for mental health treatment and also means an alternative attorney-in-fact.
(3) "Declaration" means a document making a declaration of preferences or instructions regarding mental health treatment.
(4) "Health care facility" shall have the same meaning as provided in ORS 127.505 (Definitions for ORS 127.505 to 127.660).
(5) "Incapable" means that, in the opinion of the court in a protective proceeding under ORS chapter 125, or the opinion of two physicians, a person’s ability to receive and evaluate information effectively or communicate decisions is impaired to such an extent that the person currently lacks the capacity to make mental health treatment decisions.
(6) "Mental health treatment" means convulsive treatment, treatment of mental illness with psychoactive medication, admission to and retention in a health care facility for a period not to exceed 17 days for care or treatment of mental illness, and outpatient services.
(7) "Outpatient services" means treatment for a mental or emotional disorder that is obtained by appointment and is provided by an outpatient service as defined in ORS 430.010 (Definitions).
(8) "Provider" means a mental health treatment provider.
(9) "Representative" means "attorney-in-fact" as defined in this section. [1993 c.442 §1; 1995 c.664 §88; 1997 c.563 §1; 1999 c.83 §1; 2001 c.104 §39]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information