Definitions for ORS 105.623 to 105.649
As used in ORS 105.623 (Short title) to 105.649 (Uniformity of application and construction):
(1) "Disclaimant" means the person to whom a disclaimed interest or power would have passed had the disclaimer not been made.
(2) "Disclaimed interest" means the interest that would have passed to the disclaimant had the disclaimer not been made.
(3) "Disclaimer" means the refusal to accept an interest in property or a power over property.
(4) "Fiduciary" means a personal representative, trustee, agent acting under a power of attorney or other person authorized to act as a fiduciary with respect to the property of another person.
(5) "Jointly held property" means property held in the name of two or more persons under an arrangement pursuant to which:
(a) All holders have concurrent interests; and
(b) The last surviving holder is entitled to the whole of the property.
(6) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency, public corporation or any other legal or commercial entity.
(7) "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. The term includes an Indian tribe or band, or Alaskan native village, recognized by federal law or formally acknowledged by another state.
(8) "Trust" means:
(a) A charitable or noncharitable express trust, including any additions made to the trust, whenever and however created; and
(b) A trust created pursuant to a statute or judgment that requires the trust to be administered in the same manner as an express trust. [2001 c.245 §2; 2003 c.576 §369]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information