Approval of declaration, supplemental declaration or amendment required
- • prerequisites
- • fee
(1) Before a declaration, supplemental declaration or an amendment thereto may be recorded, it must be approved as provided in this section by the county assessor and the Real Estate Commissioner. Before a declaration or supplemental declaration may be recorded, it must be approved by the tax collector of the county in which the property is located. A declaration or amendment thereto may not be approved unless the requirements of subsections (2) to (6) of this section are met. Approval shall be evidenced by execution of the declaration or amendment or by a written approval attached thereto.
(2) The county assessor of the county in which the property is located shall approve a declaration, supplemental declaration or amendment thereto if:
(a) The name complies with ORS 100.105 (Contents of declaration) (5) and (6); and
(b) The plat and floor plans comply with the requirements of ORS 100.115 (Recording declaration and plat).
(3) The tax collector of the county in which the property is located shall approve the declaration or supplemental declaration, or an amendment that adds property to the condominium or changes the boundary of a unit for which a plat is required under ORS 100.115 (Recording declaration and plat) (9)(a), if:
(a) All ad valorem taxes, special assessments, fees, or other charges required by law to be placed upon the tax roll which have or will become a lien upon the property during the tax year have been paid;
(b) Advance payment of ad valorem taxes, special assessments, fees or other charges which are not on the tax roll and for which payment is required under paragraph (a) of this subsection has been made to the tax collector utilizing the procedures contained in ORS 92.095 (Payment of taxes, interest or penalties before subdivision or partition plat recorded) and 311.370 (Receipts for taxes collected in advance of extension on the tax roll); and
(c) The additional taxes, penalty, and any interest attributable thereto, required because of disqualification of the property from any special assessment have been paid.
(4) Subject to subsection (5) of this section, the commissioner shall approve the declaration or amendment thereto if:
(c) The plat and floor plans comply with the requirements of ORS 100.115 (Recording declaration and plat);
(d) The declaration is for a conversion condominium and the declarant has submitted:
(A) An affidavit that the notice of conversion was given in accordance with ORS 100.305 (Conversion condominium) and that the notice period has expired;
(B) An affidavit that the notice of conversion was given in accordance with ORS 100.305 (Conversion condominium) and copies of the written consent of any tenants who received the notice of conversion before expiration of the notice; or
(C) Any applicable combination of the requirements of subparagraphs (A) and (B) of this paragraph; and
(e) A paper copy of the plat executed by the declarant and prepared in conformance with ORS 100.115 (Recording declaration and plat) and a certification of plat execution, on a form prescribed and furnished by the commissioner, have been submitted stating that the paper copy is a true copy of the plat signed by the declarant. The certification may be executed by the declarant, the professional land surveyor who signed the surveyor’s certificate on the plat, the attorney for the declarant, a representative of the title insurance company that issued the information required under ORS 100.640 (Filing) (5) or 100.660 (Nonresidential condominium or security filing) (2)(d) or another person authorized by the declarant in writing to execute the certification.
(5) Approval by the commissioner shall not be required for an amendment to a declaration transferring the right of use of a limited common element pursuant to ORS 100.515 (Interest of units in common elements) (5).
(6) Before the commissioner approves the declaration or amendment thereto under this section:
(a) The declarant shall pay to the commissioner a fee determined by the commissioner under ORS 100.670 (Fees); and
(b) For an amendment, the Condominium Information Report and the Annual Report described in ORS 100.260 (Condominium Information and Annual Reports) shall be designated current by the Real Estate Agency as provided in ORS 100.255 (Processing of documents filed with Real Estate Agency) and the fee required under ORS 100.670 (Fees) shall be paid.
(7) If the declaration or amendment thereto approved by the commissioner under subsection (4) of this section is not recorded in accordance with ORS 100.115 (Recording declaration and plat) within two years from the date of approval by the commissioner, the approval shall automatically expire and the declaration or amendment thereto must be resubmitted for approval in accordance with this section. The commissioner’s approval shall set forth the date on which the approval will expire. [Formerly 94.036; 1991 c.459 §339; 1993 c.270 §1; 1997 c.816 §4; 1999 c.677 §41; 2001 c.756 §27]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information