Judicial Department collections and revenue management program
- • Judicial Department Collections Account
- • reimbursement of program expenses
(1) The State Court Administrator may establish a collections and revenue management program within the Judicial Department for the purpose of administering accounts and collections. Subject to policies and procedures prescribed by the State Court Administrator, the collections and revenue management program may collect, by any means authorized by law, all amounts owing to the state that are subject to collection by the state courts or by a commission, department or division in the judicial branch of state government. The State Court Administrator may establish a separate unit within the program for the collection of parking fines in counties with populations of more than 500,000.
(2) There is established within the General Fund the Judicial Department Collections Account. The account shall consist of moneys deposited in the account under the provisions of subsection (3) of this section. All moneys in the account are continuously appropriated to the Judicial Department and may be used only for the purposes specified in subsection (3) of this section.
(3) All moneys collected by the collections and revenue management program established under this section shall be deposited in the Judicial Department Collections Account. At the end of each calendar month, the State Court Administrator shall distribute the amounts in the account in the following order of priority:
(a) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, the collections and revenue management program shall be reimbursed for actual costs and expenses of the program, including personnel expenses, incurred in the administration and collection of accounts. The amount of reimbursement may not exceed the actual costs and expenses incurred by the collections and revenue management program. The State Court Administrator may designate a single percentage amount to be retained from all moneys collected under the program, but must adjust that percentage amount periodically to reflect actual program costs.
(b) All moneys not expended under paragraph (a) of this subsection shall be distributed as otherwise provided by law for the amounts collected.
(4) The collections and revenue management program may not be reimbursed under subsection (3) of this section from any of the following amounts collected under the program, and all such amounts collected under the program shall be distributed as otherwise provided by law:
(a) Restitution and compensatory fines paid under judgments in criminal actions;
(b) Legal aid fees collected under ORS 21.480 (Legal aid and mediation program fees in circuit courts);
(c) Law library fees collected under ORS 21.350 (Law library fees);
(d) Dispute resolution surcharges imposed under ORS 36.170 (Surcharge on appearance fees); and
(e) Fees imposed under ORS 21.112 (Additional fee for conciliation, mediation and other services and programs in certain domestic relations cases). [2001 c.823 §25 (enacted in lieu of 8.172); 2003 c.518 §11]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.