Division of assets when petition is for boundary change
- • commissioners to adopt plan for division
- • appointment of commissioners
- • effect of plan
(1) When the petition provided for in ORS 199.780 (Petition for county formation or boundary change) is for a change in the boundaries of the city-county and a contiguous county, the governing body of the contiguous county and the governing body of the city-county shall appoint two commissioners each to jointly arrange the terms in respect to assumption of liabilities and division of assets among the contiguous county and the city-county, upon which the change in boundaries shall be made.
(2) If, within 30 days after the appointment of the commissioners, they have not agreed upon terms, the Governor, upon request of the contiguous county or the city-county, shall appoint commissioners equal in number to one-half the commissioners already appointed, who shall meet with the commissioners already appointed and draft terms.
(3) Within 60 days after terms have been arranged, a majority of the commissioners may report to the respective governing bodies a plan for division.
(4) When made within such time, the plan for division shall be reported by the commissioners to the respective governing bodies and the plan shall become a compact between the city-county and the contiguous county, and shall be binding upon both. [1997 c.494 §14]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.