Charter requirements if consolidation is rejected in unincorporated area
When a majority of the electors in the unincorporated area voting on the question submitted under ORS 199.735 (Election on consolidation) (2) votes against the question, the charter of the city-county shall provide that:
(1) Special districts within the unincorporated area shall not be extinguished.
(2) The rate of taxation for ad valorem property taxes and business income taxes shall initially be set at the rates in effect on the date on which the charter for the city-county is approved.
(3) Fees, including but not limited to business license fees and utility bill fees, shall initially be set at the rate or amount in effect on the date on which the charter for the city-county is approved.
(4) Except for taxes or fees dedicated to correctional facilities, libraries or animal control, any rate increase for fees or taxes that exceeds the rate of population growth in the unincorporated area shall not take effect in the unincorporated area unless the electors in the unincorporated area approve the tax or fee increase.
(5) The unincorporated area shall receive rural service levels for basic city-county services. As used in this subsection, “basic city-county services” includes police, fire, sewer, water and code enforcement services provided by the city-county. [1997 c.494 §10]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.