Functions of charter commission
- • rules
The charter commission:
(1) Shall adopt rules to govern its proceedings.
(2) May acquire property, avail itself of quarters, enter into contracts necessary for its work, and receive and expend gifts, grants and appropriations.
(3) May employ administrative, clerical and technical assistance necessary for its work, and may request and secure information and assistance from the county and other units of local government located in the county and officers and employees thereof including the district attorney and the city attorneys and their staffs.
(4) Within one year after its first meeting shall prepare and publish a preliminary draft of a charter for the city-county.
(5) After publication of the preliminary draft shall hold public hearings thereon.
(6) Within two years after the first meeting of the commission shall prepare a final draft of the charter.
(7) After a majority of the members of the commission has approved the final draft, shall call and fix a date for an election under ORS 199.735 (Election on consolidation). [1971 c.731 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.