Definitions for ORS 198.510 to 198.600
(1) County means the county in which the district, or the greater portion of the assessed value of the district, is located.
(2) County board means the board of county commissioners or the county court of the county.
(3) County clerk means the county clerk of the county.
(4) District has the meaning given that term in ORS 198.010 (District defined for chapter) (2), (4), (5), (11), (12), (14), (16), (17), (19), (20) to (23), (25), (26) and (27). In addition, district means any one of the following:
(a) A county service district organized under ORS chapter 451.
(b) The Port of Portland established by ORS 778.010 (District known as Port of Portland).
(5) District board means the governing body of a district and the term includes a county board that is in the governing body of a district.
(6) Presiding officer means the chairperson, president or other person performing the office of presiding officer of the district board.
(7) Principal Act means the law, other than ORS 198.510 (Definitions for ORS 198.510 to 198.600) to 198.600 (Penalty for violation of regulations), applicable to a district. [1971 c.268 §2; 2007 c.179 §5; 2007 c.562 §22b; 2009 c.584 §22; 2015 c.544 §17; 2015 c.560 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.