State assistance teams
- • alternative coordination process
- • grant and technical assistance funding
- • priority of population forecasting program
- • advisory committee
(1) In addition to coordination between state agencies and local government established in certified state agency coordination programs, the Department of Land Conservation and Development may establish one or more state assistance teams made up of representatives of various agencies and local governments, utilize the Economic Revitalization Team established under ORS 284.555 (Economic Revitalization Team) or institute an alternative process for coordinating agency participation in the periodic review of comprehensive plans.
(2) The Economic Revitalization Team may work with a city to create a voluntary comprehensive plan review that focuses on the unique vision of the city, instead of conducting a standard periodic review, if the team identifies a city that the team determines can benefit from a customized voluntary comprehensive plan review.
(3) The department may develop model ordinance provisions to assist local governments in the periodic review plan update process and in complying with new statutory requirements or new land use planning goal or rule requirements adopted by the Land Conservation and Development Commission outside the periodic review process.
(4) A local government may arrange with the department for the provision of periodic review planning services and those services may be paid with grant program funds allocated under subsection (5) of this section.
(5) The commission shall establish an advisory committee composed, at a minimum, of representatives from the League of Oregon Cities, the Association of Oregon Counties, metropolitan service districts, the Special Districts Association of Oregon, land use planning public interest groups and developer interest groups. The advisory committee shall advise the commission and the department on the allocation of grants and technical assistance funding from General Fund sources and other issues assigned by the commission.
(6) The population forecasting program operated by the Portland State University Population Research Center pursuant to ORS 195.033 (Area population forecasts) is the highest priority for the allocation of grant funding under subsection (5) of this section. [1991 c.612 §5; 2003 c.793 §5; 2005 c.829 §6; 2013 c.574 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.