Submission of adopted comprehensive plan or land use regulation changes to Department of Land Conservation and Development
(1) When a local government adopts a proposed change to an acknowledged comprehensive plan or a land use regulation, the local government shall submit the decision to the Director of the Department of Land Conservation and Development within 20 days after making the decision.
(2) The submission must contain the following materials:
(a) A copy of the signed decision, the findings and the text of the change to the comprehensive plan or land use regulation;
(b) If a comprehensive plan map or zoning map is created or altered by the proposed change, a copy of the map that is created or altered;
(c) A brief narrative summary of the decision, including a summary of substantive differences from the proposed change submitted under ORS 197.610 (Submission of proposed comprehensive plan or land use regulation changes to Department of Land Conservation and Development) and any supplemental information that the local government believes may be useful to inform the director or members of the public of the effect of the actual change; and
(d) A statement by the individual transmitting the submission, identifying the date of the decision and the date of the submission.
(3) The director shall cause notice of the decision and an explanation of the requirements for appealing the land use decision under ORS 197.830 (Review procedures) to 197.845 (Stay of decision being reviewed) to be provided to:
(a) Persons that have requested notice of changes to the acknowledged comprehensive plan of the particular local government, using electronic mail, electronic bulletin board, electronic mailing list server or similar electronic method; and
(b) Persons that are generally interested in changes to acknowledged comprehensive plans, by posting notices periodically on a public website using the Internet or a similar electronic method.
(4) On the same day the local government submits the decision to the director, the local government shall mail, or otherwise deliver, notice to persons that:
(a) Participated in the local government proceedings that led to the decision to adopt the change to the acknowledged comprehensive plan or the land use regulation; and
(b) Requested in writing that the local government give notice of the change to the acknowledged comprehensive plan or the land use regulation.
(5) The notice required by subsection (4) of this section must state how and where the materials described in subsection (2) of this section may be obtained and must:
(a) Include a statement by the individual delivering the notice that identifies the date on which the notice was delivered and the individual delivering the notice;
(b) List the locations and times at which the public may review the decision and findings; and
(c) Explain the requirements for appealing the land use decision under ORS 197.830 (Review procedures) to 197.845 (Stay of decision being reviewed). [1981 c.748 §5; 1983 c.827 §9; 1999 c.255 §1; 2011 c.280 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.