Agreements between Oregon Ocean Science Trust and private organizations
- • records
- • use of funds
(1) In order to further the strategic priorities of the Oregon Ocean Science Trust, the executive director of the Oregon Ocean Science Trust may enter into an agreement with a private, nonprofit organization under which the organization shall solicit gifts, grants and donations in support of the work of the trust.
(2) At least 30 days before the executive director may enter into an agreement under subsection (1) of this section, the trust shall:
(a) Submit a copy of the proposed agreement to the Legislative Assembly in the manner provided by ORS 192.245 (Form of report to legislature); and
(b) Provide public notice of the proposed agreement on the trusts website.
(3) The executive director may advise, and receive advice from, the organization described in subsection (1) of this section. If allowed by the charter and bylaws of the organization, the executive director may serve as a voting or nonvoting member of the board of directors of the organization, except that the executive director may not:
(a) Serve as chairperson of the board of directors of the organization.
(b) Vote for, or appoint, other members of the board of directors of the organization.
(c) Exercise any control of the financial affairs of the organization.
(d) Oversee the daily operations of the organization.
(4) Each organization described in subsection (1) of this section shall maintain records regarding the gifts, grants and donations solicited in support of the work of the trust and, at the request of the trust, shall provide the trust with the information contained in the records.
(5) Funds received by an organization under this section that are transferred to the trust shall be deposited in the Oregon Ocean Science Fund to be used as provided for in ORS 196.567 (Oregon Ocean Science Fund).
(6) The provisions of this section do not affect the authority of any state agency other than the trust to enter into agreements with private organizations under which the organization shall solicit gifts, grants and donations for the benefit of the state agency. [2019 c.94 §1]
Note: 196.570 (Agreements between Oregon Ocean Science Trust and private organizations) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 196 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information