It is the policy of the State of Oregon to:
(1) Conserve the long-term values, benefits and natural resources of the ocean both within the state and beyond by giving clear priority to the proper management and protection of renewable resources over nonrenewable resources;
(2) Encourage ocean resources development which is environmentally sound and economically beneficial to adjacent local governments and to the state;
(3) Assert the interests of this state as a partner with federal agencies in the sound management of the ocean resources within the United States Exclusive Economic Zone and on the continental shelf;
(4) Encourage research, study and understanding of ocean processes, marine life and other ocean resources;
(5) Encourage research and development of new, innovative marine technologies to study and utilize ocean resources; and
(6) Ensure that the Ocean Policy Advisory Council will work closely with coastal local governments to incorporate in its activities coastal local government and resident concerns, coastal economic sustainability and expertise of coastal residents. [1987 c.576 §4; 1991 c.501 §4; 2003 c.744 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.