Fees for notarial acts
- • collection of fees
(1) The fee that a notary public may charge for performing a notarial act may not exceed $10 per notarial act.
(2) A notary public may charge an additional fee for traveling to perform a notarial act if:
(a) The notary public explains to the person requesting the notarial act that the fee is in addition to a fee specified in subsection (1) of this section and is in an amount not determined by law; and
(b) The person requesting the notarial act agrees in advance upon the amount of the additional fee.
(3) If a notary public charges fees under this section for performing notarial acts, the notary public shall display, in English, a list of the fees the notary public will charge.
(4) A notary public who is employed by a private entity may enter into an agreement with the entity under which fees collected by the notary public under this section are collected by and accrue to the entity.
(5) A public body as defined in ORS 174.109 (“Public body” defined) may collect the fees described in this section for notarial acts performed in the course of employment by notaries public who are employed by the public body. [2013 c.219 §42 (enacted in lieu of 194.164)]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.