Disclosure to Department of Human Services or Oregon Health Authority
- • procedure
- • limitations
(1) Upon the request of the Department of Human Services or the Oregon Health Authority and the receipt of the certification required under subsection (2) of this section, a financial institution shall advise whether a person has one or more accounts with the financial institution, and if so, the balance on deposit in each such account on the date this information is provided.
(2) In requesting information under subsection (1) of this section, the department or authority shall specify the name and Social Security number of the person upon whom the account information is sought, and shall certify to the financial institution in writing, signed by an agent of the department or authority:
(a) That the person upon whom account information is sought is an applicant for or recipient of public assistance, as defined in ORS 411.010 (Definitions), or medical assistance, as defined in ORS 414.025 (Definitions for ORS chapters 411, 413 and 414); and
(b) That the department or authority has authorization from the person for release of the account information.
(3) Any financial institution supplying account information under ORS 192.583 (Definitions for ORS 192.583 to 192.607) to 192.588 (Disclosure to Department of Human Services or Oregon Health Authority) and 411.632 (Relief where assets transferred, removed or secreted) shall be reimbursed for actual costs incurred.
(4) No financial institution that supplies account information to the department or authority pursuant to this section shall be liable to any person for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in any way pertaining to the disclosure of account information under this section.
(5) Each financial institution that is requested to supply account information under this section may specify to the department or authority that requests for account information and responses from the financial institution shall be submitted in written, tape or electronic format. A reasonable time shall be provided the financial institution for response.
(6) The department or authority shall seek account information under this section only with respect to persons who are applicants for or recipients of public assistance, as defined in ORS 411.010 (Definitions), or medical assistance, as defined in ORS 414.025 (Definitions for ORS chapters 411, 413 and 414). [Formerly 192.557; 2013 c.688 §26]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.