Definitions for ORS 192.583 to 192.607
(1) “Customer” means any person, partnership, limited partnership, corporation, trust or other legal entity, who or which is transacting or has transacted business with a financial institution, or who or which is using or has used the services of such an institution, or for whom or which a financial institution has acted or is acting as a fiduciary.
(2) “Financial institution” means:
(a) A “financial institution” as defined in ORS 706.008 (Additional definitions for Bank Act); or
(b) A “trust company” as defined in ORS 706.008 (Additional definitions for Bank Act).
(3) “Financial records” means any original written or electronic document, any copy of the document, or any information contained in the document, held by or in the custody of a financial institution, when the document, copy or information is identifiable as pertaining to one or more customers of such an institution.
(4) “Local agency” means every county, city, school district, municipal organization, district, political subdivision; or any board, commission or agency thereof; or any other local public agency; and every officer, agent or employee thereof.
(5) “State agency” means every state office, department, division, bureau, board or commission or other state agency, including the Legislative Assembly and every officer, agent or employee thereof.
(6) “Summons or subpoena” means an administrative summons or administrative subpoena issued by any state or local agency, or a judicial subpoena or subpoena duces tecum. [Formerly 192.550]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.