Contents of certain requests for disclosure
(1) A request for the disclosure of records described in ORS 192.435 (Disclosure of information pertaining to home care worker, operator of child care facility, exempt child care provider or operator of adult foster home) or 192.502 (Other public records exempt from disclosure) (3) must include the following information:
(a) The names of the individuals for whom personal information is sought;
(b) A statement describing the personal information being sought; and
(c) A statement that satisfies subsection (2) of this section.
(2) The party seeking disclosure shall show by clear and convincing evidence that the public interest requires disclosure in a particular instance.
(3) Upon receiving a request described in subsection (1) of this section, a public body shall forward a copy of the request and any materials submitted with the request to the individuals whose personal information is being sought or to any representatives of each class of persons whose personal information is the subject of the request.
(4) For purposes of subsection (3) of this section, the public body has sole discretion to determine the classes of persons whose personal information is the subject of the request and to identify the representatives for each class.
(5) The public body may not disclose information pursuant to the request for at least seven days after forwarding copies of the request under subsection (3) of this section.
(6) The public body shall consider all information submitted under this section and shall disclose requested information only if the public body determines that the party seeking disclosure has demonstrated by clear and convincing evidence that the public interest requires disclosure in a particular instance. [2015 c.805 §3]
Note: 192.437 (Contents of certain requests for disclosure) was added to and made a part of 192.410 (Definitions for ORS 192.410 to 192.505) to 192.505 (Exempt and nonexempt public record to be separated) by legislative action but was not added to any smaller series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.