Definitions for ORS 192.311 to 192.478
(1) Business day means a day other than Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday and on which at least one paid employee of the public body that received the public records request is scheduled to and does report to work. In the case of a community college district, community college service district, public university, school district or education service district, business day does not include any day on which the central administration offices of the district or university are closed.
(2) Custodian means:
(a) The person described in ORS 7.110 (Custody of records and files) for purposes of court records; or
(b) A public body mandated, directly or indirectly, to create, maintain, care for or control a public record. Custodian does not include a public body that has custody of a public record as an agent of another public body that is the custodian unless the public record is not otherwise available.
(3) Person includes any natural person, corporation, partnership, firm, association or member or committee of the Legislative Assembly.
(4) Public body includes every state officer, agency, department, division, bureau, board and commission; every county and city governing body, school district, special district, municipal corporation, and any board, department, commission, council, or agency thereof; and any other public agency of this state.
(5)(a) Public record includes any writing that contains information relating to the conduct of the publics business, including but not limited to court records, mortgages, and deed records, prepared, owned, used or retained by a public body regardless of physical form or characteristics.
(b) Public record does not include any writing that does not relate to the conduct of the publics business and that is contained on a privately owned computer.
(6) State agency means any state officer, department, board, commission or court created by the Constitution or statutes of this state but does not include the Legislative Assembly or its members, committees, officers or employees insofar as they are exempt under section 9, Article IV of the Oregon Constitution.
(7) Writing means handwriting, typewriting, printing, photographing and every means of recording, including letters, words, pictures, sounds, or symbols, or combination thereof, and all papers, maps, files, facsimiles or electronic recordings. [Formerly 192.410]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information