- • acts deferred to next business day
- • effect on labor agreements
(1) The following days are legal holidays in this state:
(a) Each Sunday.
(b) New Years Day on January 1.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.s Birthday on the third Monday in January.
(d) Presidents Day, for the purpose of commemorating Presidents Washington and Lincoln, on the third Monday in February.
(e) Memorial Day on the last Monday in May.
(f) Independence Day on July 4.
(g) Labor Day on the first Monday in September.
(h) Veterans Day on November 11.
(i) Thanksgiving Day on the fourth Thursday in November.
(j) Christmas Day on December 25.
(2) Each time a holiday, other than Sunday, listed in subsection (1) of this section falls on Sunday, the succeeding Monday shall be a legal holiday. Each time a holiday listed in subsection (1) of this section falls on Saturday, the preceding Friday shall be a legal holiday.
(3) Any act authorized, required or permitted to be performed on a holiday as designated in this section may be performed on the next succeeding business day; and no liability or loss of rights of any kind shall result from such delay.
(4) In enumerating legal holidays in subsection (1) of this section, the Legislative Assembly does not intend to limit or otherwise affect public or private collective bargaining or collective bargaining agreements. [Amended by 1955 c.4 §1; 1969 c.455 §1; 1973 c.51 §1; 1975 c.633 §1; 1977 c.135 §1; 1977 c.321 §1; 1985 c.518 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information