Commission for Women
- • confirmation
- • term
- • officers
- • meetings
- • funds
(1) The membership of the Commission for Women shall be comprised of 11 members, to include two representatives from the Legislative Assembly, one appointed by the President of the Senate, one appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Nine members shall be appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate pursuant to section 4, Article III, Oregon Constitution. To the extent possible, members appointed by the Governor shall provide for representation from all areas of the state. All of the members of the commission shall be residents of this state.
(2) Members appointed by the Governor shall serve for four-year terms. Legislators shall serve two-year terms.
(3) The commission members shall elect a chairperson and vice chairperson for terms of one year and shall determine the duties of the officers.
(4) Members shall meet at the call of the chairperson not less than three times annually.
(5) Consistent with Oregon law, the commission may receive and accept funds for purposes consistent with the creation of the commission. [1983 c.105 §2; 2005 c.818 §7a; 2011 c.55 §1; 2019 c.73 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information