- • advisory committees
- • rules
(1) The governing body of each qualified entity shall appoint an advisory committee to advise and assist the governing body in prioritizing plans or projects to be funded from the moneys received from a percentage distribution under ORS 184.758 (Distribution of moneys from Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund) to public transportation service providers that provide services within the jurisdiction of the qualified entity.
(2) Before receiving funding for a project under ORS 184.758 (Distribution of moneys from Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund), a public transportation service provider that provides services within the jurisdiction of a qualified entity shall submit a plan or project proposal to the governing body of the qualified entity and receive the advisory committees approval of the plan or project proposal. The plans or project proposals submitted under this subsection must describe how the funds would be used.
(3) An advisory committee appointed under this section shall review every plan or project proposal required under subsection (2) of this section and may propose any changes to the policies or practices of the governing body that the advisory committee considers necessary to ensure that:
(a) A public transportation service provider that has received funding under ORS 184.758 (Distribution of moneys from Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund) has applied the moneys received in accordance with and for the purposes described in the providers plan or project proposal; and
(b) A plan or project proposal submitted by a public transportation service provider does not fragment the provision of public transportation services.
(4) The Oregon Transportation Commission shall adopt by rule:
(a) Requirements for the composition of an advisory committee appointed under this section;
(b) Criteria that must be included in a plan or project proposal required under subsection (2) of this section; and
(c) A process by which an advisory committee shall review and approve a plan or project proposal.
(5) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, the governing bodies of two or more qualified entities may appoint advisory committee members to a joint advisory committee under conditions determined by the commission by rule. [2017 c.750 §122o; 2018 c.93 §42]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information