Functions provided by fiscal officer
The fiscal officer for the Department of Transportation may provide or contract for the provision of the following functions for the department:
(1) Operation of an adequate accounting system in order that all revenues and expenditures may be properly recorded and maintained.
(2) Partial payment on contracts based upon estimates of completion.
(3) Preparation of vouchers covering claims for all salaries and expenses and other expenditures which are authorized by the Director of Transportation. Claims approved by the director shall be indorsed by the director or the director’s designee and presented for payment.
(4) Preparation of a monthly payroll in which the department shall record the name of each employee, the rate of salary or wages, the capacity in which each person is employed and the amount due each employee. The payroll shall be verified by the fiscal officer. After payment, payroll checks shall be retained by the department, and shall constitute a full receipt of the payment for services rendered. The department may draw payroll checks against appropriate departmental accounts.
(5) Such other functions as the director may deem necessary for the sound fiscal administration of the department. [1989 c.345 §3; 1993 c.741 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.