Public-private research and development program
- • rules
(1) The Department of Transportation shall establish a public-private partnership research and development program.
(2) As part of the program established under this section, the department may enter into joint research and development agreements for the purpose of developing products for market that may reduce the cost of maintenance and preservation or extend the useful life of the states highways or that may improve highway safety. The department may enter into agreements with the following:
(c) Nonprofit organizations.
(d) The governing board of a public university listed in ORS 352.002 (Public universities).
(3) The department may enter into agreements under subsection (2) of this section that allow the department to obtain royalties or other financial benefits from the sale or use of products developed through the public-private partnership research and development program.
(4) Moneys that the department is authorized to spend on planning and research may be used for development of products under this section.
(5) The department shall adopt rules that govern the solicitation and selection of product development projects that will receive funding under the program established under this section. [2003 c.819 §18; 2013 c.768 §106; 2015 c.767 §54]
Note: 184.631 (Public-private research and development program) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 184 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information