Director of Transportation
- • confirmation
- • subordinates
(1) The Department of Transportation shall be under the supervision of a Director of Transportation. The Oregon Transportation Commission shall appoint the director, after consultation with the Governor. The director serves at the pleasure of the commission.
(2) The appointment of the director shall be subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner provided in ORS 184.623 (Director of Transportation).
(3) The director may appoint:
(a) Deputy directors with full authority to act for the director, but subject to the directors control. The appointment of a deputy director shall be by written order filed with the Secretary of State. A deputy director shall be in the unclassified services for purposes of the State Personnel Relations Law.
(b) All subordinate officers and employees of the department and may prescribe their duties, assignments and reassignments and fix their compensation, subject to any applicable provisions of the State Personnel Relations Law.
(4) Subject to the approval of the commission, the director may organize and reorganize the department as the director considers necessary to properly conduct the work of the department. As directed by the chairperson of the commission, the director shall assign employees of the department to staff the commission.
(5) When service of summons or other process is required by statute to be served on the Director of Transportation, the Department of Transportation or the Oregon Transportation Commission, such service shall be made upon the office of the director. [1969 c.599 §3; 1969 c.599 §3a; 1973 c.249 §16; 1979 c.186 §6; 1999 c.686 §1; 2005 c.70 §2; 2017 c.750 §20; 2018 c.93 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information