Small Business Rules Advisory Committee
(1) The Small Business Rules Advisory Committee is established to serve as an advisory committee for agencies adopting new administrative rules and to review the effectiveness of existing administrative rules.
(2) The committee consists of nine members as follows:
(a) Two representatives of small businesses appointed by the Governor;
(b) Two representatives of small businesses appointed by the President of the Senate;
(c) Two representatives of small businesses appointed by the Speaker of the House;
(d) A representative of small businesses appointed by the Office of Small Business Assistance established in ORS 56.203 (Office of Small Business Assistance);
(e) A representative of state agencies appointed by the Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services; and
(f) A member who is an expert in the rulemaking process appointed by the State Archivist.
(3) Upon request of an agency, the committee shall serve as the advisory committee or fiscal impact advisory committee for reviewing an agency’s proposed administrative rules under ORS 183.333 (Policy statement).
(4) Upon request of an agency, the committee may agree to complete the rules review and reporting required by ORS 183.405 (Agency review of rules) in place of the agency.
(5) Members of the committee shall be appointed to serve for terms of two years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority. The appointing authority shall appoint a person to fill any vacancy on the committee for the expired term. A member may be reappointed to the committee.
(6) The members of the committee shall elect a chairperson from among the members of the committee. In the absence of a chairperson, the member appointed by the State Archivist shall serve as acting chairperson.
(7) A majority of the members of the committee constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(8) The committee shall meet upon the call of the chairperson or upon a request of a majority of the members of the committee. The committee may meet by phone or video conference with at least 24 hours’ public notice.
(9) The State Archives shall provide administrative support to the committee.
(10) Members of the committee are not entitled to compensation, but may be reimbursed from funds available to the State Archives for actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred by them in the performance of their official duties in the manner and amounts provided for in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [2018 c.20 §2]
Note: 183.407 (Small Business Rules Advisory Committee) was added to and made a part of 183.325 (Delegation of rulemaking authority to named officer or employee) to 183.410 (Agency determination of applicability of rule or statute to petitioner) by legislative action but was not added to any smaller series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information