Description of organization
- • service of order
- • rules coordinator
- • order not final until put in writing
(1) In addition to other rulemaking requirements imposed by law, each agency shall publish a description of its organization and the methods whereby the public may obtain information or make submissions or requests.
(2) Each state agency that adopts rules shall appoint a rules coordinator and file a copy of that appointment with the Secretary of State. The rules coordinator shall:
(a) Maintain copies of all rules adopted by the agency;
(b) Provide to the public, upon request, information pertaining to:
(A) All rulemaking proceedings of the agency;
(B) The status of the agency’s rules; and
(C) All certificates and rules filed by the agency with the Secretary of State; and
(c) Keep and make available the mailing list required by ORS 183.335 (Notice) (8).
(3) An order shall not be effective as to any person or party unless it is served upon the person or party either personally or by mail. This subsection is not applicable in favor of any person or party who has actual knowledge of the order.
(4) An order is not final until it is reduced to writing. [1957 c.717 §2; 1971 c.734 §4; 1975 c.759 §3; 1979 c.593 §8; 1993 c.729 §2; 2001 c.220 §3; 2017 c.518 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.