Powers of semi-independent state agencies
- • fees
- • rules
(1) Sue and be sued in its own name.
(2) Notwithstanding ORS 279.835 (Definitions for ORS 279.835 to 279.855) to 279.855 (Entities that may obtain goods and services through Oregon Department of Administrative Services) and ORS chapters 279A, 279B and 279C, enter into contracts and acquire, hold, own, encumber, issue, replace, deal in and with and dispose of real and personal property.
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 670.300 (Licensing and advisory board officers), fix a per diem amount to be paid to board members for each day or portion thereof during which the member is actually engaged in the performance of official duties. Board members may also receive actual and necessary travel expenses or other expenses actually incurred in the performance of their duties. If an advisory council or peer review committee is established under the law that governs the board, the board may also fix and pay amounts and expenses for members thereof.
(4) Set the amount of any fee required by statute and establish by rule and collect other fees as determined by the board. Fees shall not exceed amounts necessary for the purpose of carrying out the functions of the board. Notwithstanding ORS 183.335 (Notice) and except as provided in this subsection, a board shall hold a public hearing prior to adopting or modifying any fee without regard to the number of requests received to hold a hearing. A board shall give notice to all licensees of the board prior to holding a hearing on the adoption or modification of any fee. A board may adopt fees in conjunction with the budget adoption process described in ORS 182.462 (Budgets for semi-independent state agencies).
(5) Subject to any other statutory provisions, adopt procedures and requirements governing the manner of making application for issuance, renewal, suspension, revocation, restoration and related activities concerning licenses that are under the jurisdiction of a board. [1999 c.1084 §8; 2001 c.104 §62; 2003 c.794 §205]
Note: See note under 182.454 (Semi-independent state agencies).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information