State agency required to collect rental for housing provided to employees
- • provision of furnishings prohibited
- • determination of fair rental value
(1) Every state agency that provides housing for its officers or employees shall collect a rental for such housing based on the fair rental value as determined by an appraiser registered under ORS 308.010 (Registered appraiser requirements) or licensed or certified under ORS 674.310 (Duties and powers of board), subject to any reductions therefrom authorized under ORS 182.435 (Schedule of reduction from fair rental value). Rentals collected under this section shall be credited to the agency’s account.
(2) No state agency shall provide furnishings as part of any housing provided by the agency.
(3) Determinations of fair rental value shall be reexamined periodically but not less frequently than once every five years and the rental shall be adjusted annually by the change in real estate values, for the affected community as determined by the state agency.
(4) Determination of the net rental of any employee-occupied state-owned housing unit under subsections (1), (2) and (3) of this section shall be considered a personnel action for purposes of ORS 240.086 (Duties of board). [1971 c.575 §§2,4; 1977 c.583 §4; 1993 c.276 §2; 2017 c.44 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information