Reimbursement for training to local law enforcement units
- • rules
(1) The Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, in consultation with the Board on Public Safety Standards and Training, shall provide a reimbursement program to local law enforcement units which send police officers or corrections officers to the training academy operated or authorized by the department. Such reimbursement shall be to defray the cost of salaries and other expenses incurred during the training of the officers.
(2) Such reimbursement program shall be supported entirely out of funds maintained in the Police Standards and Training Account after administrative and operational expenses of the board and department can be met from existing revenues.
(3) Reimbursement programs shall not apply to nongovernmental organizations.
(4) Pursuant to ORS chapter 183, the department, in consultation with the board, shall adopt rules necessary to carry out the provisions of this section.
(5) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, a common carrier railroad law enforcement unit shall not be entitled to receive reimbursement of any kind from the department. [Formerly 181.655]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.