Standard uniform for state police
- • service without wearing uniform
- • wearing uniforms by other persons prohibited
(1) The State of Oregon shall provide the members of the state police with standard uniforms.
(2) The Superintendent of State Police shall specify a standard pattern and distinctive design for the uniforms required under this subsection and subsection (1) of this section.
(3) The Superintendent of State Police may direct members of the state police to serve without wearing uniform when, in the judgment of the superintendent, serving without uniform makes law enforcement more efficient.
(4)(a) No person other than a member of the Oregon State Police shall wear, use or order to be worn or used, copy or imitate in any respect or manner the standard uniforms specified in subsections (1) and (2) of this section.
(b) As used in this subsection, "person" includes agents, officers and officials elected or appointed by any municipality or county. [Subsections (1) and (2) formerly 181.120; subsection (3) formerly 181.130; subsection (4) formerly 181.140]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.