Special procedures for writs issued to enforce agency orders or warrants
(1) Except as provided in this section, the provisions of ORS 18.600 (Definitions) to 18.850 (Challenge to garnishment form) apply to all writs of garnishment issued on behalf of agencies for the enforcement of agency orders or warrants that are recorded in the County Clerk Lien Record.
(2) Notwithstanding ORS 18.690 (Delivery of garnishee response), a garnishee who receives a writ of garnishment described in subsection (1) of this section need not deliver a copy of the garnishee response to the court administrator for the court identified as having authority over the writ.
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 18.700 (Manner of making challenge to garnishment), a debtor who wishes to make a challenge to a writ of garnishment described in subsection (1) of this section must deliver the challenge in person or by first class mail to the garnishor within the time specified by ORS 18.700 (Manner of making challenge to garnishment) (2).
(4) A person issuing a writ of garnishment described in subsection (1) of this section shall modify the forms provided in ORS 18.600 (Definitions) to 18.850 (Challenge to garnishment form) to reflect that:
(a) The writ of garnishment is issued pursuant to an order or warrant recorded in the County Clerk Lien Record;
(b) A copy of the garnishee response need not be delivered or mailed to the court administrator for the court identified in the writ; and
(c) A challenge to a writ of garnishment described in subsection (1) of this section must be delivered to the garnishor and not to the court.
(5) Within 14 days after receipt of a challenge to a garnishment described in subsection (1) of this section, the garnishor must either:
(a) Release all property claimed as exempt from or not subject to garnishment under the challenge to the garnishment; or
(b) File with the court administrator a response to the challenge attaching copies of the writ and garnishee response and any supporting documentation necessary or helpful to the court in making its determination on the challenge to the garnishment.
(6) The provisions of this section do not apply to writs of garnishment issued by the court administrator, writs issued by an attorney for the enforcement of an order recorded under ORS 671.707 (Actions following final order of board) or 701.153 (Recording of order as lien) or writs issued by the administrator, as defined in ORS 25.010 (Definitions for support enforcement laws), under ORS 18.645 (Writs issued by Division of Child Support or district attorney). [2001 c.249 §57; 2003 c.576 §71; 2007 c.836 §40]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.