2015 ORS § 18.042¹
Judgment in civil action that includes money award
(1) The judgment document for a judgment in a civil action that includes a money award must contain a separate section clearly labeled as a money award. Any judgment in a civil action that includes a money award, but does not contain a separate section clearly labeled as a money award, does not create a judgment lien but may be enforced by any other judgment remedy.
(2) The separate section required by subsection (1) of this section must include all of the following:
(a) The name and address of each judgment creditor and the name, address and telephone number of any attorney who represents one or more of the judgment creditors.
(b) The name of each judgment debtor and, to the extent known by the judgment creditor:
(A) The address of each judgment debtor;
(B) The year of birth of each judgment debtor;
(C) The final four digits of the tax identification number of each judgment debtor, or the final four digits of the Social Security number of each judgment debtor;
(D) The final four digits of the driver license number of each judgment debtor and the name of the state that issued the license; and
(E) The name of any attorney for each judgment debtor.
(c) The name of any person or public body, as defined in ORS 174.109 (Public body defined), other than the judgment creditor’s attorney, that is known by the judgment creditor to be entitled to any portion of the money award.
(d) The amount of money awarded in the judgment, exclusive of amounts required to be included in the separate section under paragraphs (e) to (h) of this subsection.
(e) Any interest owed as of the date the judgment is entered in the register, either as a specific amount or as accrual information, including the rate or rates of interest, the balance or balances upon which interest accrues, the date or dates from which interest at each rate on each balance runs, and whether interest is simple or compounded and, if compounded, at what intervals.
(f) Information about interest that accrues on the judgment after entry in the register, including the rate or rates of interest, the balance or balances upon which interest accrues, the date or dates from which interest at each rate on each balance runs, and whether interest is simple or compounded and, if compounded, at what intervals.
(g) For monetary obligations that are payable on a periodic basis, any accrued arrearages, required further payments per period and payment dates.
(h) If the judgment requires the payment of costs and disbursements or attorney fees, a statement indicating that the award is made, any specific amounts awarded, a clear identification of the specific requests for relief for which any attorney fees are awarded and the amount of attorney fees awarded for each request for relief.
(3) The information required by subsection (2) of this section must be set forth in the money award section of the judgment document in the same order as the requirements appear in subsection (2) of this section.
(4) The separate section required by subsection (1) of this section must be placed immediately above the judge’s or court administrator’s signature. The separate section must be clearly labeled at its beginning as a money award. If the judgment includes a support award, the label of the separate section must so indicate. Except for information described in ORS 24.290 (Judgments and awards on foreign-money claims), the separate section of the judgment document may not contain any provision except the information required by this section.
(5) The provisions of this section do not apply to foreign judgments that are filed with a court under ORS 24.115 (Filing of foreign judgment) or 110.605 (Registration of order for enforcement) to 110.611 (Choice of law). If a foreign judgment is filed with the court under ORS 24.115 (Filing of foreign judgment), the separate statement required by ORS 24.125 (Notice of filing of judgment) must be filed with the foreign judgment. [2003 c.576 §5; 2005 c.568 §12; 2007 c.339 §1; 2009 c.230 §1; 2015 c.197 §1; 2015 c.298 §82]
Note: Section 6 (1), chapter 230, Oregon Laws 2009, provides:
Sec. 6. (1) The amendments to ORS 18.042 (Judgment in civil action that includes money award) by section 1 of this 2009 Act apply only to judgments entered on or after the effective date of this 2009 Act [June 4, 2009]. [2009 c.230 §6(1)]