Definitions for ORS 179.610 to 179.770
(1) Authorized representative means an individual or entity appointed under authority of ORS chapter 125, as guardian or conservator of a person, who has the ability to control the persons finances, and any other individual or entity holding funds or receiving benefits or income on behalf of any person.
(2) Care means all services rendered to a patient by the state institutions as described in ORS 179.321 (Responsibility to supervise state institutions) or by the Eastern Oregon Training Center. These services include, but are not limited to, such items as medical care, room, board, administrative costs and other costs not otherwise excluded by law.
(3) Decedents estate has the meaning given estate in ORS 111.005 (Definitions for probate law).
(4) Person, person in a state institution or person at a state institution, or any similar phrase, means an individual who is or has been at a state institution described in ORS 179.321 (Responsibility to supervise state institutions) or in the Eastern Oregon Training Center.
(5) Personal estate means all income and benefits as well as all assets, including all personal and real property of a living person, and includes assets held by the persons authorized representative and all other assets held by any other individual or entity holding funds or receiving benefits or income on behalf of any person. [Subsections (1) and (2) enacted as 1959 c.652 §1; subsection (3) enacted as 1959 c.652 §3 (2); 1969 c.597 §43; 1971 c.411 §2; 1973 c.546 §1; 1973 c.806 §1; 1977 c.384 §4; 1989 c.348 §1; 1995 c.664 §89; 2001 c.487 §1; 2003 c.14 §77; 2009 c.595 §147; 2013 c.36 §57; 2016 c.42 §19]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information