As used in the statute laws of this state, unless the context or a specially applicable definition requires otherwise:
(1) Any other state includes any state and the District of Columbia.
(2) City includes any incorporated village or town.
(3) County court includes board of county commissioners.
(4) Husband and wife, husband or wife, husband or wife means spouses or a spouse in a marriage.
(5) May not and shall not are equivalent expressions of an absolute prohibition.
(6) Person includes individuals, corporations, associations, firms, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint stock companies.
(7) Sexual orientation means an individuals actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality or gender identity, regardless of whether the individuals gender identity, appearance, expression or behavior differs from that traditionally associated with the individuals sex at birth.
(8) State Treasury includes those financial assets the lawful custody of which are vested in the State Treasurer and the office of the State Treasurer relating to the custody of those financial assets.
(9) To means to and including when used in a reference to a series of statute sections, subsections or paragraphs.
(10) United States includes territories, outlying possessions and the District of Columbia.
(11) Violate includes failure to comply. [Amended by 1953 c.145 §2; 1957 c.360 §1; 1963 c.213 §1; 1965 c.518 §1; 1967 c.409 §1; 1983 c.327 §1; 1993 c.73 §1; 1995 c.93 §30; 2001 c.671 §1; 2007 c.100 §1; 2015 c.629 §33]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information