Commission on Uniform State Laws
- • compensation and expenses of members
(1) A commission hereby is created to be known as the Commission on Uniform State Laws which shall consist of:
(a) Three members of the bar who shall be appointed by the Governor for terms of four years each, or until their successors are appointed and qualify; and
(b) Any resident of this state who has been elected a life member of the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws because of long service in the cause of uniformity of state legislation.
(2) The commissioners shall meet at least once in two years and shall elect one of their number as chairperson and another as secretary, each of whom shall hold office for a term of two years, or until a successor is elected and qualifies.
(3) Upon the death, resignation or failure or refusal to serve of any appointed commissioner, the office shall become vacant and the Governor shall make an appointment to fill the vacancy for the unexpired term of the former appointee.
(4) A member is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [Amended by 1969 c.314 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information