Definitions for ORS 171.725 to 171.785
As used in ORS 171.725 (Definitions for ORS 171.725 to 171.785) to 171.785 (Sanctions prescribed by either chamber of Legislative Assembly), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Compensation” has the meaning given that term in ORS 292.951 (Definitions for ORS 292.951 to 292.971).
(2) “Consideration” includes a gift, payment, distribution, loan, advance or deposit of money or anything of value, and includes a contract, promise or agreement, whether or not legally enforceable.
(3) “Executive agency” means a commission, board, agency or other body in the executive branch of state government that is not part of the legislative or judicial branch.
(4) “Executive official” means any member or member-elect of an executive agency and any member of the staff or an employee of an executive agency. A member of a state board or commission, other than a member who is employed in full-time public service, is not an executive official for purposes of ORS 171.725 (Definitions for ORS 171.725 to 171.785) to 171.785 (Sanctions prescribed by either chamber of Legislative Assembly).
(5) “Judge” means an active judge serving on the Oregon Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, Oregon Tax Court, or an Oregon circuit court.
(6) “Legislative action” means introduction, sponsorship, testimony, debate, voting or any other official action on any measure, resolution, amendment, nomination, appointment, or report, or any matter that may be the subject of action by either house of the Legislative Assembly, or any committee of the Legislative Assembly, or the approval or veto thereof by the Governor.
(7) “Legislative official” means any member or member-elect of the Legislative Assembly, any member of an agency, board or committee that is part of the legislative branch, and any staff person, assistant or employee thereof.
(8) “Lobbying” means influencing, or attempting to influence, legislative action through oral or written communication with legislative officials, solicitation of executive officials or other persons to influence or attempt to influence legislative action or attempting to obtain the goodwill of legislative officials.
(9) “Lobbyist” means:
(a) Any individual who agrees to provide personal services for money or any other consideration for the purpose of lobbying.
(b) Any person not otherwise subject to paragraph (a) of this subsection who provides personal services as a representative of a corporation, association, organization or other group, for the purpose of lobbying.
(c) Any public official who lobbies.
(10) “Public agency” means a commission, board, agency or other governmental body.
(11) “Public official” means any member or member-elect of any public agency and any member of the staff or an employee of the public agency. [1973 c.802 §2; 1975 c.747 §1; 1977 c.588 §1; 1987 c.566 §1; 1991 c.378 §1; 2001 c.751 §1; 2007 c.877 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.