Duties of committee
The Joint Legislative Audit Committee shall:
(1) Review all audits and make recommendations for change or remediation by the agency or other organization under review to the Emergency Board or to the Joint Interim Committee on Ways and Means, the Joint Committee on Ways and Means and other persons receiving the audit report under ORS 192.245 (Form of report to legislature).
(2) Accept requests for performance and program audits from individual legislators, legislative committees, the Division of Audits, the Budget and Management Division and the Legislative Fiscal Office.
(3) In conjunction with the Director of the Division of Audits, set priorities on the basis of risk assessment for performance and program audits and program evaluations.
(4) With the advice and assistance of the Legislative Fiscal Officer, the Administrator of the Budget and Management Division and the Director of the Division of Audits, determine the type of audit, evaluation or review utilizing criteria to include but not be limited to the nature and scope of the task, the time frame involved, necessary professional guidelines, economy, efficiency, cost and cost responsibility.
(5) Not later than 12 months after the issuance of an audit report, review the actions of an agency or other government organization for compliance with the recommendations of the audit report.
(6) Assign tasks to the Legislative Fiscal Office, the Budget and Management Division, the Division of Audits or a special task force.
(7) Review state agency performance measures and make recommendations for change. [1989 c.128 §2; 1997 c.847 §3; 2005 c.837 §19; 2012 c.107 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.