- • distribution
- • form and number
- • charges
- • disposition
- • reports of witnesses
(1) Except as provided in ORS 171.236 (Advance sheets) and 171.275 (Oregon Revised Statutes), all publications printed for either house of the Legislative Assembly and their committees, including joint committees created by law, rule or joint resolution, shall be published and distributed by the Legislative Administrator, subject to the rules of each house and under the direction of the Legislative Administration Committee.
(2) Unless otherwise directed by joint resolution and except as otherwise provided by law, the Legislative Administrator may cause to be distributed the publications of the Legislative Assembly among such state officers, departments and agencies, public officers and state institutions of higher learning as the Legislative Administration Committee determines necessary for their requirements. Each house shall receive from the Legislative Administrator such number of publications as it deems necessary.
(3) The Legislative Administrator shall make public documents available to the State Librarian for distribution to depository libraries as required by ORS 357.090 (Issuing agency to make public documents available for distribution).
(4) Unless otherwise directed by joint resolution, the Legislative Administration Committee shall determine the form, number and distribution of and charges for, if any, the materials referred to in subsection (1) of this section. In determining charges, the committee shall take into account the cost of publishing and distributing copies other than those it distributes under subsections (2) and (3) of this section.
(5) All moneys received under subsection (4) of this section are continuously appropriated to the Legislative Administration Committee for its actual costs incurred in publishing and distributing the copies for which it charges a fee.
(6) The Legislative Administration Committee may order the disposition of legislative publications that in its judgment are no longer of value to the state.
(7) The reports of witnesses described in ORS 171.200 ("Publications" defined for ORS 171.206) (4) shall be posted on the legislative website in an arrangement that allows a member of the public to view a legislative measure and the list of witnesses who have testified in relation to the measure. [1981 c.517 §7 (enacted in lieu of 171.205, 171.211, 171.215 and 171.625); 1991 c.842 §6; 2005 c.33 §7; 2005 c.755 §1; 2011 c.175 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.