Definitions for ORS 169.005 to 169.685 and 169.730 to 169.800
As used in ORS 169.005 (Definitions for ORS 169.005 to 169.685 and 169.730 to 169.800) to 169.685 (Inmate Welfare Fund Account) and 169.730 (Definitions for ORS 169.740 to 169.760) to 169.800 (Detention of juveniles before conviction and execution of sentence), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Detainee means a person held with no criminal charges.
(2) Forced release means temporary freedom of an adult in custody from lawful custody before judgment of conviction due to a county jail population emergency under ORS 169.046 (Notice of county jail population emergency).
(3) Juvenile detention facility means a facility as described in ORS 419A.050 (Authority to acquire, equip and maintain detention and shelter facilities) and 419A.052 (Specifications of facilities).
(4) Local correctional facility means a jail or prison for the reception and confinement of prisoners that is provided, maintained and operated by a county or city and holds persons for more than 36 hours.
(5) Lockup means a facility for the temporary detention of arrested persons held up to 36 hours, excluding holidays, Saturdays and Sundays, but the period in lockup shall not exceed 96 hours after booking.
(6) Month means a period of 30 days.
(7) Prisoner means a person held with criminal charges or sentenced to the facility.
(8) Temporary hold means a facility, the principal purpose of which is the temporary detention of a prisoner for four or less hours while awaiting court appearance or transportation to a local correctional facility. [1973 c.740 §1; 1979 c.487 §1; 1985 c.499 §4; 1993 c.33 §309; 2001 c.517 §1; 2019 c.213 §43]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information