Definitions for ORS 165.659 to 165.669
As used in ORS 165.659 (General prohibition) to 165.669 (Duties imposed upon certain persons upon service of order authorizing installation of pen register or trap and trace device), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Electronic communication has the meaning given in ORS 133.721 (Definitions for ORS 41.910 and 133.721 to 133.739).
(2) Pen register means a device which records or decodes electronic or other impulses which identify the numbers dialed or otherwise transmitted on the telephone line to which such device is attached, but does not include any device used by a provider or customer of a provider of electronic or wire communication service for billing or recording as an incident to billing for communications services provided by such provider or any device used by a provider or customer of a wire communication service for cost accounting or other like purposes in the ordinary course of its business.
(3) Police officer has the meaning given in ORS 133.525 (Definitions for ORS 133.525 to 133.703).
(4) Trap and trace device means a device which captures the incoming electronic or other impulses which identify the originating number of an instrument or device from which a wire or electronic communication was transmitted.
(5) Wire communication has the meaning given in ORS 133.721 (Definitions for ORS 41.910 and 133.721 to 133.739). [1989 c.983 §15]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information