As used in chapter 743, Oregon Laws 1971, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Benefit” means gain or advantage to the beneficiary or to a third person pursuant to the desire or consent of the beneficiary.
(2) “Business records” means any writing or article kept or maintained by an enterprise for the purpose of evidencing or reflecting its condition or activities.
(3) “Enterprise” means any private entity of one or more persons, corporate or otherwise, engaged in business, commercial, professional, charitable, political, industrial or organized fraternal activity.
(4) “Fiduciary” means a trustee, guardian, executor, administrator, receiver or any other person acting in a fiduciary capacity as agent or employee of an organization which is a fiduciary.
(5) “Financial institution” means a bank, insurance company, credit union, savings and loan association, investment trust or other organization held out to the public as a place of deposit of funds or medium of savings or collective investment.
(6) “Government” means the state, any political subdivision thereof, or any governmental instrumentality within the state.
(7) “Misapplies” means dealing with property contrary to law or governmental regulation governing the custody or disposition of that property; governmental regulation includes administrative and judicial rules and orders as well as statutes and ordinances.
(8) “Sports contest” means any professional or amateur sport or athletic game or contest viewed by the public.
(9) “Sports official” means any person who acts in sports contests as an umpire, referee, judge or sports contest official.
(10) “Sports participant” means any person who directly or indirectly participates in sports contests as a player, contestant, team member, coach, manager, trainer, or any other person directly associated with a player, contestant or team member in connection with a sports activity. [1971 c.743 §162]
Note: Legislative Counsel has substituted “chapter 743, Oregon Laws 1971,” for the words “this Act” in section 162, chapter 743, Oregon Laws 1971, compiled as 165.075 (Definitions). Specific ORS references have not been substituted, pursuant to 173.160 (Powers and duties of Legislative Counsel in preparing editions for publication). These sections may be determined by referring to the 1971 Comparative Section Table located in Volume 22 of ORS.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information