A person commits theft when, with intent to deprive another of property or to appropriate property to the person or to a third person, the person:
(1) Takes, appropriates, obtains or withholds such property from an owner thereof;
(2) Commits theft of property lost, mislaid or delivered by mistake as provided in ORS 164.065 (Theft of lost, mislaid property);
(3) Commits extortion as provided in ORS 164.075 (Extortion) by compelling or inducing another person to deliver property;
(4) Commits theft by deception as provided in ORS 164.085 (Theft by deception); or
(5) Commits theft by receiving as provided in ORS 164.095 (Theft by receiving). [1971 c.743 §123; 2007 c.71 §47; 2016 c.47 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.