Definitions for ORS 162.055 to 162.425
(1) Benefit means gain or advantage to the beneficiary or to a third person pursuant to the desire or consent of the beneficiary.
(2) Material means that which could have affected the course or outcome of any proceeding or transaction. Whether a false statement is material in a given factual situation is a question of law.
(3) Statement means any representation of fact and includes a representation of opinion, belief or other state of mind where the representation clearly relates to state of mind apart from or in addition to any facts which are the subject of the representation.
(4) Sworn statement means any statement that attests to the truth of what is stated and that is knowingly given under any form of oath or affirmation or by declaration under penalty of perjury as described in ORCP 1 E.
(5) Unsworn declaration has the meaning given that term in ORS 194.805 (Definitions). [1971 c.743 §182; 1981 c.892 §90; 2003 c.194 §4; 2013 c.218 §18]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information