Payment of awards
- • awards to minors and incompetents
(1) The award made under ORS 147.005 (Definitions) to 147.367 (Services to victims of acts of mass destruction) shall be paid in a manner determined by the Department of Justice. Payment for medical, hospital and funeral expenses may be made directly to the service providers.
(2) Where a person eligible to receive an award under ORS 147.005 (Definitions) to 147.367 (Services to victims of acts of mass destruction) is a person under the age of 18 years or an incompetent, the award may be paid to a relative, guardian or attorney of such person on behalf of and for the benefit of such person. In such case the payee shall:
(a) File an annual accounting of the award with the department; and
(b) Take such other action as the department shall determine is necessary and appropriate for the benefit of the beneficiary of the award.
(3) A person who is incarcerated is not eligible for payments for loss of earnings for the period of incarceration.
(4) Payment of claims is subject to availability of funds for victim compensation awards as provided in the department budget approved by the Legislative Assembly or the Emergency Board. [1977 c.376 §16; 1987 c.770 §6; 1991 c.862 §7; 2012 c.81 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.