Procedures for investigating missing persons
Written policies adopted by Oregon law enforcement agencies regarding missing persons shall specify the procedures for investigating missing persons in order to ensure that reported missing persons cases, particularly those involving minor children, are investigated as soon as possible, utilizing all available resources. In adopting policies under this section, Oregon law enforcement agencies may consider standards set by the Oregon Accreditation Alliance and adopt policies consistent with Oregon Accreditation Alliance standards. Policies adopted under this section should include the following:
(1) Requirements for accepting missing persons reports;
(2) Procedures for initial investigations;
(3) Responsibility for follow-up investigations;
(4) Standards for maintaining and clearing computer data of missing persons information stored in the Law Enforcement Data System and the National Crime Information Center; and
(5) Initiation and activation criteria for Amber Plan alerts under ORS 181A.315 (Amber Plan). [2007 c.500 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.