Jury of inquest
(1) The district attorney shall order the inquest to be held at a specified time and place and as provided in ORS 10.810 (Definition) and 10.820 (Number of jurors required to concur) shall summon a jury of inquest to inquire into the cause and manner of death.
(2) Upon receipt of a copy of the order of inquest, the sheriff shall select, as provided by law, not less than eight prospective members of the jury of inquest.
(3) The sheriff shall obtain a summons for each prospective juror selected and cause the summons to be served upon such juror.
(4) At the time and place of the inquest the sheriff shall report to the district attorney the names of all prospective jurors summoned.
(5) A prospective juror may be excused by the district attorney if the juror was related or closely associated with the deceased, was a witness to the death or shows good cause that the juror may be biased.
(6) From among the prospective jurors not excused, six members of the jury of inquest shall be drawn by lot. [1973 c.408 §22]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information