Functions of board
In addition to the duties set forth in ORS 146.015 (State Medical Examiner Advisory Board) the State Medical Examiner Advisory Board shall:
(1) Recommend to the Oregon Department of Administrative Services the qualifications and compensation for the positions of Chief Medical Examiner and Deputy State Medical Examiner.
(2) Recommend to the county courts the compensation of the district medical examiners and assistant district medical examiners.
(3) Recommend to district medical examiners and district attorneys the qualifications for medical-legal death investigators.
(4) Approve or disapprove of a single district medical examiner’s office for two or more counties as provided by ORS 146.065 (Local medical examiners) (5).
(5) Recommend a proposed budget for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to the Department of State Police.
(6) Annually review the Chief Medical Examiner’s report prescribed by ORS 146.055 (Advice) and report to the Superintendent of State Police and to the State Board of Health regarding the operation of the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. [1973 c.408 §3; 1995 c.744 §10; 2017 c.151 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information