Purposes of program
The purposes of an early disposition program are to:
(1) Hold offenders accountable for their actions;
(2) Ensure a prompt resolution of criminal matters;
(3) Protect the rights of the public and the offender;
(4) Maximize use of community resources to provide alternative sanctions for criminal behavior; and
(5) Reduce the costs to the criminal justice system that are incurred when traditional sanctions are the only option available to district attorneys and courts. [2001 c.635 §7]
Note: See note under 135.941 (Early disposition programs).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.