Definitions for ORS 133.705 to 133.717
(1) “Biological evidence” means an individual’s blood, semen, hair, saliva, skin tissue, fingernail scrapings, bone, bodily fluids or other identified biological material. “Biological evidence” includes the contents of a sexual assault forensic evidence kit.
(2) “Convicted” includes a finding of guilty or responsible except for insanity and a finding that a person is within the jurisdiction of the juvenile court under ORS 419C.005 (Jurisdiction).
(3) “Covered offense” means:
(a) Aggravated murder under ORS 163.095 (“Aggravated murder” defined);
(b) Murder under ORS 163.115 (Murder);
(c) Manslaughter in the first degree under ORS 163.118 (Manslaughter in the first degree);
(d) Manslaughter in the second degree under ORS 163.125 (Manslaughter in the second degree);
(e) Aggravated vehicular homicide under ORS 163.149 (Aggravated vehicular homicide);
(f) Rape in the first degree under ORS 163.375 (Rape in the first degree);
(g) Sodomy in the first degree under ORS 163.405 (Sodomy in the first degree); or
(h) Unlawful sexual penetration in the first degree under ORS 163.411 (Unlawful sexual penetration in the first degree).
(4) “Custodian” means a law enforcement agency as defined in ORS 131.550 (Definitions for ORS 131.550 to 131.600), or any other person or public body as defined in ORS 174.109 (“Public body” defined), that is charged with the collection, preservation or retrieval of evidence in connection with a criminal investigation or criminal prosecution. “Custodian” does not include a court.
(5) “DNA” means deoxyribonucleic acid.
(6) “DNA profile” means the unique identifier of an individual that is derived from DNA.
(7) “Sentence” means a term of incarceration in a correctional or juvenile detention facility, a period of probation, parole or post-prison supervision and the period of time during which a person is under the jurisdiction of the Psychiatric Security Review Board.
(8) “Supervisory authority” has the meaning given that term in ORS 144.087 (“Supervisory authority” defined).
(9) “Victim” has the meaning given that term in ORS 131.007 (“Victim” defined). [2011 c.275 §2]
Note: 133.705 (Definitions for ORS 133.705 to 133.717) to 133.717 (Provision of notice or order to defendant) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 133 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.