Definitions for ORS 127.663 to 127.684
(1) “Authorized user” means a person authorized by the Oregon Health Authority to provide information to or receive information from the POLST registry.
(2) “Life-sustaining treatment” means any medical procedure, pharmaceutical, medical device or medical intervention that maintains life by sustaining, restoring or supplanting a vital function. “Life-sustaining treatment” does not include routine care necessary to sustain patient cleanliness and comfort.
(3) “Naturopathic physician” has the meaning given the term in ORS 685.010 (Definitions).
(4) “Nurse practitioner” has the meaning given that term in ORS 678.010 (Definitions for ORS 678.010 to 678.410).
(5) “Physician” has the meaning given that term in ORS 677.010 (Definitions for chapter).
(6) “Physician assistant” has the meaning given that term in ORS 677.495 (Definitions for ORS 677.495 to 677.535).
(7) “POLST” means a physician order for life-sustaining treatment signed by a physician, naturopathic physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant.
(8) “POLST registry” means the registry established in ORS 127.666 (Establishment of registry). [2009 c.595 §1182; 2017 c.356 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.